Welcome to our Wampei Register© WooCommerce demonstration site. It is a very basic installation of WordPress and WooCommerce. There are no additional bells and whistles. You already know how great WordPress and WooCommerce are, we merely want to give you a sense of how easy it is to use on your WooCommerce store.
If you just want to take a look at how what the checkout process looks like, go straight to the store. Take a look at the checkout process by following the instructions below. It is pure WooCommerce the whole way until you see the QR code.
- Visiting our store;
- Selecting an item;
- Adding an item to your cart;
- Clicking Checkout;
- Filling in your billing details;
- Clicking “Place Order”;
You’ll see both the QR code image and the bitcoin URL for payment.
First things first.
Setting downloading and setting up a wallet. A mobile wallet for this demo is the best way to go. Most of your users will pay via this method. Because this site uses the Bitcoin testnet, you need a wallet that supports testnet transactions. Lucky for you, the best all-around bitcoin wallets inherently support the testnet.
- Download “CoPay bitcoin wallet” or “Bitpay bitcoin wallet” on the apple app store or play store. In the Apple store the first result is often NOT what you wanted, so choose wisely.
- Walk through the setup pages.
- You do not need to backup your wallet since you are just doing test transactions.
- Once you create your wallet, click on the “+” in the upper right across from “Wallets.”
- You should see the new wallet screen. Select “New Personal Wallet”
- Give your wallet a name and press “Show Advanced Options”
- At this point, you want to configure the wallet to run on the testnet (the slider). Then click the “Create new Wallet” button.
Get some test Bitcoin
Now you get to request some test bitcoin. At this point press the QR code icon “Receive.” Select your test wallet. It should show that it has no bitcoins. You can touch the QR code to copy it to the clipboard or select the share button in the upper right corner.
- We can send some to you if you email us at email@example.com and with subject “Test Bitcoin Please” or you can request test bitcoins directly from services called faucets. You need to remove the “bitcoin:” from the beginning of address using this service (i.e. “bitcoin:mpZMNbrpr7Ksg59JfFsuhMrmk7D6htz12Y” should be “mpZMNbrpr7Ksg59JfFsuhMrmk7D6htz12Y”)
The testnet and live bitcoin networks have slightly different addressing, so you can’t get confused between to two and lose real Bitcoin.
Once you have bitcoin in your wallet, you can see how the payment works by scanning the QR code with your wallet. Just click the “Scan” icon on your wallet or “Send”.